Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Our Tuesday Kitchen Tip

I hate wasting anything. I even save things I know I probably won't use or eat again but I hate to see anything go to waste. This can be a problem in some areas of my life (like when I have to declutter my house) But it often pays off in the kitchen. Last summer I had a little herb garden on my porch, but I didn't get around to getting it started this year. Sadly I have to buy my fresh herbs but since you have to buy in bunches I always have way more than my recipe calls for. So my tip today is to slice up your leftover herbs and place them in ice cube trays. Fill with water and freeze, when they are frozen place in plastic bags and label. Labeling is important because it's hard to determine what's parsley and what's cilantro when it's frozen.

To check out more great Kitchen tips stop over to Tammy's Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment