Monday, May 18, 2009

Menu Planning Monday

I truly believe that as a family living on one income, the quickest and easiest way to cut cost is at the grocery store. When I first became a stay at home mom, I had to find ways to do this. I was very blessed at the time to have many wonderful women who gave me great advice on how to manage my household. The one thing that has stuck with me is to always have a menu planned. At first I planned my menus a month in advance. This was helpful in long range planning and I only had to do it once a month, but then after being introduced to the world of coupons, CVS, Walgreens and working the grocery store ads, I realized that we could eat better and I could save more money on a weekly basis if I planned around the store ads.
So here is our menu for the week. I thought I would join up with orgjunkie for their weekly menu round up. If you use our meals for deals website then you'll recognize some of these meals from our menu last week.

*Iowa Pork Steak

Almond Green Beans

*California Chicken

Baked Potato

Garden Salad

*Hamburger Pie

Dinner Rolls

*Slow Cooked Savory Pot Roast

Dinner Rolls

*Homemade Pizza

Salad




1 comment:

  1. Welcome to Menu Plan Monday! Sounds like a delicious week in your house! :)

    ReplyDelete